Saturday, March 25, 2006

"You Have a Good One!"

What has happened with contemporary language in these United States? For some time, I have been compiling a list of words or phrases that have the same effect on me as a fingernail scraping a chalkboard. And now, through the magic of the internets, you get to share in my frustration!

1. "You have a good one." A good what? I thought this one had gone away, but I heard it just yesterday.
2. "Dawg" or "Dawg Pound." Commonly used by Randy Jackson on "American Idol." Didn't this go away with the Arsenio Hall show?
3. "Like." If you go to, like, the grocery, did you go to the grocery or a market that is similar to a grocery?
4. "Yo, yo, yo." Egads.
5. "Check it Out." Huh?
6. "Dude." Uhm, Keanu Reeves is making more grown-up films now.
7. "Know what I'm saying?" No, but, I pray thee, do tell!
8. "Absolutely." Overused.
9. "It is what it is." No kidding?
10. "Ya." As in, "how ya doing?" Please complete a sentence. "How are you doing?"

That's enough soapbox for today. Book and restaurant reviews coming soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Amen.

5/31/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home