Friday, December 12, 2008

Crime Wave Hits My Holiday Destination

I plan to leave on Friday, December 19, for a good, long visit to my hometown of Scottsville, Kentucky.  


So naturally I'm more than a little concerned that I might be walking into a wave of crime.  And since these chickens were stolen in Kentucky, how will that affect the supply chain of KFC?

On a serious note, upon my arrival, I will go directly from the Nashville Airport to the hospital in Bowling Green where precious, little nephew Jack is having a minor surgery to remove a cystic mass of some sort from somewhere near his lymph nodes.  For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, please remember this little fella.  

Work has been so damn stressful over the past few weeks that I have barely had time to post my nuggets of wisdom on which I know so many of you (well, both of you) rely to make sure your life is one of complete and total fulfillment.  In fact, just after 11pm tonight, I wrote my last work email of the evening.  I tell you that to make sure you know that while I am in Kentucky, I expect to have more leisurely days.  That means I may have the opportunity to share more nuggets of wisdom with you!  (Especially now that Momma has moved from dial-up to broadband.  Whoo hoo!)

1 Comments:

Blogger PatCH said...

Silly you. Worried about a crimewave? There's only need to worry if you're a chicken...

Oh, wait, I see your point.

12/15/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home