Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Last Night in Midtown Manhattan

I was walking around midtown. For the first time ever since I have lived in New York City, someone handed me a camera and asked me to take a photo. With a friendly, "of course!" I took the camera and snapped the photo. It was of a couple, guy and a girl, around 30 I would guess. After snapping the photo, I asked, "where are y'all visiting from?" (Please forgive the dangling participle.) The guy replied, "Brooklyn."

"Really?" I said. "And you're being tourists in Manhattan?
"Well, we are Russians. New to Brooklyn."
"Hey, I know a Russian Orthodox Priest. Are you one of those?"
"No, we're Jewish."

Should I have known that, and should I be embarrassed now?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

No, you shouldn't have known that, and you shouldn't be embarrassed. Granted, your guess was a longshot, but I don't really see any harm! :)

5/31/2006  
Blogger Wayne said...

I'd probably grab the camera and run.

"If you want this... Check out my ebay Store!"

6/01/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home