Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Movie Review: Reno 911!

Last year's TALLADEGA NIGHTS has the kind of silly and slapstick humor that I just love! Even though Will Ferrell annoys me, he did a fantastic job of portraying Ricky Bobby. I have been a fan of movies of this sort going back as far as AIRPLANE! So when I saw the advertisements for RENO 911!, I knew I must see it!

The Good Nurse was kind enough to join me (and even buy my ticket!) so we could see RENO 911! last night. (To show my gratitude, I have promised to see one chick flick in the next 60 days. But it must be no more than 100 minutes.)

Disappointment. Disappointment. Disappointment.

Thankfully, this movie was only 75 minutes long. If it had been any longer, I think we both would have had to leave the cinema. The premise was untenable. There were tangents of the story that left me scratching my head. (For example, a frame of the movie showing 4 members of the ensemble cast all masturbating. Well, at least going through the motions even though there was no nudity.)

Because of the sexual innuendos, the movie is not suitable for children. All of the humor, though, is on a third grade level. So the makers of the movie have managed to lose all possible audiences.

One saving grace: I thought the actors did a fantastic job of acting. Besides doing a good job, I am most impressed that they were able to play their roles without rolling their eyes through each scene.

If you don't see ANY movies this year, this will be the one least missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home