Friday, May 23, 2008

Horsin' Around

Whew. Day three of this visit to Kentucky is coming to an end, and it's only 8:30pm here! I woke up around 5am this morning to head over to Pork Chop's house. He was putting a new roof on his house and he had hired some Mennonites for labor. Those boys sure work hard! We left there later on in the morning and had breakfast at Martha Jo's (a restaurant, not somebody's house). While we were at his house, I complained to his wife, a dentist, that I had a toothache. She told me to come by her office and I did...she took a tooth grinder of some sort and put it to my #30 tooth. It did the trick because my toothache seems to be gone. And she didn't charge me a dime! Thanks, Paige!

Pork Chop picked me up this evening around 5pm. He was going to Warren County to pick up a mare that he had taken to a stud farm. I went to help him round up his mare. I guess we will know in a month or two if there was a "love connection." Seems Pork Chop is jumping into the thoroughbred racehorse business. I took lots of pictures of some amazing and beautiful horses. Heck, some of the colts I saw could be in the big race next year. We will see.

Tomorrow promises to be a big day. My brother and his family are coming over to Momma's for an afternoon cookout. After that, I am meeting up with the gang about 7pm to get organized for a Saturday night frog gigging trip. That means I have to get a fishing license at some point tomorrow. Getting back to my roots is has reawakened an energy in me that has been too long dormant. I can't wait to show you pictures when I get back to East Harlem. Right now, I need to go clean my shoes. When you run with the horses...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Big race? They have a big horse race in Kentucky? I had no idea!

You have to come over when you're back here. We can barbecue some hamburgers, and you can tell me about it! ;)

5/24/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home