Thursday, May 22, 2008

Scottsville, KY: Today's Highlight

Day 2 at home in Scottsville, Kentucky. I would not normally take time to write a post, but a late afternoon shower has left me with a tiny bit of cabin fever. While my mother's house is not in range of cable TV service, she does have hi-speed internets through the telephone line. What a country! I have been wearing out the camera, but you won't see pictures until I am back in NYC. You see, my mother doesn't have a cable of any sort for transfering pictures to the computer. With gasoline at $3.85 per gallon, it's not worth driving all the way to Bowling Green to get a cable.

Today's highlight came earlier this afternoon when I went to pick up my nephews from school. The "primary" school, where Jack attends, and the "intermediate" school that Jake attends are all on the same campus as the middle school and high school. When I was in school, they were known as the elementary school and were in one building. Ahhh...the charms of small town life. All schools are next to each other.

Anyway, I picked up the fellas and we began driving back to their "granna's" house. Jack was very excited to tell me that he was going to a "Chinese" dairy farm on a field trip tomorrow. I didn't even know we had one of these in Allen County! My curiosity was aroused enough to tell the Good Nurse about this turn of events. Jake later figured out that Jack was confused, and his field trip tomorrow is for "Chaney's" dairy farm. That makes lots more sense. The Good Nurse agreed, saying that he couldn't imagine why a Chinaman (his word) would have a dairy farm, since most Chinese are lactose intolerant.

:-o

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Most Chinese are lactose intolerant? Seriously?

5/22/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home