Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Billy Hinton

Jake and Jack lost a grandfather over the weekend. This weekend also was Jake's birthday, which means that he will connect the two events for the rest of his life.

Billy Hinton was one of the finest men I have ever known. He grew up just across the "holler" from where my brother and I grew up. My brother truly married a hometown girl. And he got wonderful in-laws in the deal.

Like me, Jake has a way of either hiding his emotions or holding them in. He is doing that now with the most significant loss he has known in his short 12 years. Knowing he is hurting is heartbreaking for me.

When I hurt, or get hurt, I am pretty good at shaking it off. When someone I love is hurting or get hurts, I can't stand it. My prayer is that Jake finds peace in the knowledge that Grandpa is in a better place.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I know what you mean when you say how hard it is to see a loved one hurting. But I'm sure he'll find his own way to deal with it as time passes. We never stop missing the ones we love who have passed away, but we make peace with the loss the best we can. That's what he'll do.

9/16/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home