Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Plotting an Evil Plan

It seems that every time I speak with my mother these days (about twice a week), she tries to sell me on McCain. She can't and won't support Obama. Not since she received a whippin' as a child for wearing a pro-Kennedy button home from school is she able to vote for a Democrat.

So she is trying to persuade me to vote for the old fart from Arizona who doesn't even know how to use a computer. We have reached an impasse where we both agree that McCain will carry Kentucky and Obama will carry New York. Between us, we can't change that.

But...the evil plan I have hatched. I called some buddies: Gardner, Pork Chop and Truck Driver Dan. I have asked them all to do one little errand for me before Election Day: find an Obama '08 sign and plant it in her yard. If everything goes according to plan, each will arrive at different times and plant their respective signs. In the end, we will all have a big laugh. I have let my brother in on the scheme, so she doesn't call the law and accuse someone of vandalism.

Stay tuned for updates as they occur.

In a related note, Happy Birthday to Nephew #2, who turned 8 yesterday! My, the years are passing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home