Sunday, March 22, 2009

Go This Way!

I don't know that I have made a commercial endorsement before--maybe I have, and just can't remember--but I want to make one now: QuickRX Pharmacy. (I would provide a hyperlink, but I can't find one. And as a disclosure, they may only be in Upper, Upper East Side of Manhattan.)

Recently, I have been counting my pennies. I haven't been out of my neighborhood in over a week--saving that darned subway charge. And the only money I have spent was treating myself to a McDonald's breakfast, for $3.25, yesterday. (When I get to be an old man, people will probably call me stingy because I lived through the big "fiasco" of aught-8 and aught-9.) But I digress...

After filling prescriptions at other ubiquitous pharmacy chains in NYC over the past 7 years, I happened across this tiny pharmacy at the 116th/Lexington Avenue 6-train stop in East Harlem. Prescriptions are their primary business--not hair gel or beer or greeting cards, like other places. And they have the most friendly people I have yet to encounter in NYC retail. I'm always greeted by name when I go in there. They always deliver when promised. And they always welcome me.

Most importantly, though, to me, in these economic times, is the fact that their retail prices are roughly half the prices of the largest national chain and the largest regional chain in NYC. Furthermore, their prices are less than what I found at online pharmacies!!!

Odds are my specific two prescriptions will not match yours. But if you are near a QuickRX pharmacy, it is important to your wallet to try them out. And if you are under a plan that pays 100% of your medicines, like a Crazy Asian I know, then it is important to try them out for their genuine kindness, and appreciation that you chose to take your business to them. (They even once let me take home a prescription free with my promise to return another day because their credit card machine was malfunctioning.)

That's all I have to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home