Friday, June 26, 2009

Is She Really Going Out With Him?

Guilty pleasures....I've had a few....but too few to mention. Oh, what the hell. I can mention a couple of guilty pleasures currently on my radar:

1. The new show on MTV called "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" If you are a reasonably mature adult, with even a hint of a sense of humor, you will chuckle a lot and laugh out loud more than a little. DVR it, tape it, or something. Just watch it.

2. Sonic of Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey. The Crazy Asian and I have big plans for a trip there today for lunch. It has been open almost a week, so things should be in good shape for our visit. I am so excited that I woke up at 5am this morning and I can't get it out of my mind. Now my stomach is growling in anticipation and I keep drinking water in the useless attempt to quell my stomach's excitement. All that does is make me go pee every few minutes. (Also, according to the map, the new Sonic is near Teterboro Airport, so maybe we can see some famous people. Or at least their aircraft.)

Full review--maybe with pictures--is promised in the coming days. Stay tuned. And remember, at Sonic, they don't start cooking till they hear from you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

Um...I hope you will not be disappointed...but Sonic ain't what it used to be. They have become very commercial that last 2-3 years and I don't really like them much anymore. I never thought I'd say that...I have loved Sonic since I was 14. But do tell.

6/26/2009  
Blogger Jess said...

I was about to tell you how Sonic had fallen in our view, but I see my better half has beat me to it.

I would love to see them back to what they once were, but I don't suppose that's likely. Once one of these chains heads down the road of mediocrity, they rarely come back. Still, it would be very nice to see them pull out of the dive.

So how was the visit? Is the NJ outlet what you remember, or was it sadly lacking, like the ones we've encountered in Georgia?

6/28/2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home