Friday, April 27, 2007

A True Adventure

Thanks to the kindness and generosity of the Good Nurse, I am soon on my way to Kona, Hawaii, for a well-needed vacation. At least I think that's where I'm going. My only contribution to the planning of this trip has been to get my vacation time approved. The Good Nurse and the Good Nurse's sister have done all of the other work (they should already be on the ground in Kona right now). It is a gift for which I am truly grateful.

This is quite unlike nearly any other trip I have ever taken. When I have planned or scheduled or taken trips in the past, I have usually worked hard at knowing all the travel details and knowing all about everything that exists near the place I'll be staying. For this trip, however, I even had to search for the email with the airline confirmation just now to make sure I knew exactly when I was leaving. (I was only 20 minutes off in my recollection.) By contrast, I've already begun thinking of suggested itineraries for a trip in October that won't even involve an aeroplane!

According to the internet, Kona has enough nature and natural wonders to keep me in awe for the entire trip. I will be armed with a handy-dandy camera and my puka beads. Look out Kona, here I come!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time!

5/07/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home