Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pickin' up frog-frogs, puttin' 'em a basket...

Three different crews set out simultaneously on Saturday night to gig frogs. When they met up later, the total number of frogs captured approached 80. *That* is successful, especially for this time of year. Turns out that through some exceptions in the Kentucky Revised Statutes, I didn't need a fishing license after all. Saaaa-weeet!

I have taken even more photos subsequent to the frog gigging trip. Since I know you are on the edge of your chair waiting to see them, you will be happy to know that I am returning to New York tomorrow (Wednesday) and I will have them ready to share with you by the weekend. Especially the latest photo of Dr. Howard. The last time he was on a frog-hunting expedition with me, he was a mere child. Now he is a strapping young man of 25 who just completed a doctorate in pharmacology. Or something. He cleans up mighty well. And he tells a funny story. I will share that with you when his picture goes up.

And finally, not realizing that I live in New York...only realizing that I am an uncle who shows up from time to time, Nephew Jack yesterday was shocked to learn that I am a damn yankee. His question: you mean you came all the way from New York to see us here in the USA?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home