Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wisdom of Mommy

Momma is headed to Maui on April 12th. I am working on getting her and her best friend, Zelda, upgraded on the Atlanta-Honolulu leg using points and miles and stuff. Our conversation this morning:

Mommy: I believe I might could get some sleep up there in them big seats.
Me: Yeah, they also have better food and hot hand-towels and other ways to spoil you.
Mommy: Really? What else do they have?
Me: Free drinks in First Class...
Mommy: I don't think I've ever had a drink on a airplane except for when I brought my own little bottles!

Look out Maui, here they come!

And, as an added bonus, Wisdom from a Filipina, but *not* the Good Nurse:

I love you more than my luggages!

Finally, Wisdom from yours truly:

When living in Spanish Harlem, it is *not* acceptable to refer to your neighbors as "all y'all Mexicans." In fact, Mexicans represent a small percentage of the population in Spanish Harlem. Just so you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home