Monday, April 13, 2009

Double Standard?

Last night I fell asleep watching "truTV." The stories were forgettable, but something else really put a bug in my crawl.

It seems that truTV provides subtitles for people in the Southern United States, who speak their English clearly as can be. But when it goes to island residents in places like the Bahamas or Jamaica or other little, bitty places off the coast of Florida, there are no subtitles. And I can't understand a damn word they say. If I hadn't been on the cusp of sleep, I would have backed up the show on DVR, turned on the closed captioning and figured out what the hell they were trying to say.

Alas, all I know is that somebody was murdered on a golf course down there. truTV: why captions for people in Alabama, but not in foreign countries? Hmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home