Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Fly-Fishing Picture that Didn't Make Facebook

This is my fly-fishing instructor, who is an expert in the field. In fact, he had asked me not to use his image on Facebook because his likeness and words are commercial properties that hold real, honest-to-goodness, financial value to him. I have respected his wishes on Facebook, but among the 3 or 4 readers of this blog, I wanted to let you know that "Jack" (not his real name) is one of the finest fellas that makes his home in central PA and there is no better, more professional, more patient or more skilled of a fly-fisherman one can be blessed to have as a teacher than "Jack." He is a world-renowned expert, best-selling author, industry-leading editor, award-winning photographer, and championship competitor. Sometime, come down to this area of PA, and I will introduce you to this giant in the field of fly-fishing. (And since he knows nothing about this blog, I can confess to you how delightfully cute it is that every Wednesday night, he has a "play-date" with his young daughter. If I ever were to be a dad, I want want to be a dad like "Jack.")

"Jack" is studying the water for some pre-fishing recon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home