Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Midnight Plane to Georgia

Well, it won't really be midnight but it might as well be. I will be boarding an airplane Thursday morning at 6am on a flight headed for Atlanta so that I might spend a day and a half at the head office.

For as long as I can remember, I have been unable to sleep the night before an early morning flight. This time is no different. I packed my suitcase as soon as I got home from the office today. I tucked myself in bed and began reading a book, trying to get to sleep early before waking up at 3am so that I can catch a cab at 3:30am and be at the airport by 4am. After all, the airline says to arrive at least two hours before departure.

But, alas, I couldn't drift off to dreamland. So many thoughts are going 1,000 directions in my mind. Many are good thoughts, some are bad thoughts, and a couple are just nutty. That's okay, though, because I am a nutty person.

I guess as I continue reading Lovesick Blues: The Life of Hank Williams, tonight, I'll smile when I think of one good thing about going South: good-tasting, heart-clogging meals at places like Waffle House and Sonic Drive-In. New York City doesn't have everything, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home