Sunday, June 03, 2007

Dangerous Flirtation

The end of Sunday marked the end of the largest convention for my industry, which happened here in New York City at Javits Center. Aside from being more than a week of tremendous work, it is also a chance to see old friends and to meet new people. One visitor from Ohio stands out.

During a somewhat slow period in activity, this young gentleman approached me in our booth at the trade show. He was friendly enough but his suggestive smile belied any interest he truly had in our products. It was a textbook example of coyness. He flirted and he smiled. He smiled and he flirted. Being an incurable flirt myself, I reveled in the attention and returned it.

As we talked about things in general, he very specifically told me that he would soon be moving to Philadelphia.

ME: No kidding! What will be bringing you to Philadelphia?
HIM: I'm going to Penn.
ME: Graduate school?
HIM: No, I just graduated high school...
ME: Ahem.

Yes, he was a handsome young man and I was flattered by his attention. But the age difference really poured cold water on my flirtations. I'm likely (almost) twice his age. All for the best, I suppose.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Yes, you already have a hottie at home who loves you, but it's nice to be admired. (Notice how I managed to avoid making any "daddy" references? Oh rats, I blew it.) ;)

6/03/2007  
Blogger PatCH said...

"Almost twice his age" will be blown out of the water this Thursday when someone has a birthday, no?

6/04/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 13 years older than my sweet man. It's a good thing. Age is totally a state of mind.

To agree with the PP, you do have a hottie at the house :)

6/06/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home