Monday, May 21, 2007

Giving and Taking

Yesterday (Sunday, May 20th) was a wonderful day. It began when I received a wake-up call from "Storm" around 6:35am. Next I made wake-up calls to Patrick and Greg. I shaved, jumped in the shower and then headed to Central Park. I had volunteered to work at the AIDS Walk. It was a wonderful experience and interacting with so many people from "all walks of life" was rewarding. It was also delightful to have the opportunity to be around people I know, including Steven and "Storm." I was dreading waking up at such an early hour on a Sunday morning, but now I am glad I did.

After the volunteer time at the AIDS Walk, I ran home, grabbed my basketball stuff and headed to the gym for the afternoon game. While my team didn't win, I did score my first 3-pointer since joining the league last November, and that made my day! There are only two weekends of games left for this season and then we take a break until November.

When I experience days that make me want to throw up my hands in defeat and just escape into a place where I can hide out in an emotional shell, the days like yesterday help me remember how blessed I am and how thankful I am for those blessings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on the 3 pointer! Wish I could have seen it!

5/21/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home