Friday, July 13, 2007

Hairy Toes

When I am on the subway, I am usually reading. When I am not reading, I still keep my head down just so I won't accidentally make eye contact with someone I'd rather not see. Some might consider this a form of social retardation, but I just consider it a way to enjoy an oasis of solitude in a desert of strangers.

Keeping my head down also incubates questions in my mind. A recent question is, "do women have hairy toes?" With summer now in full swing, flip-flops have emerged on the city's feet like cicadas on their first day of flight. I have noticed toes of all kinds and shapes and sizes. Almost without fail, every guy's foot I have seen has hairy toes. And 100% of women's toes I have seen lack a single hair. Is this a gender thing? At first I thought that women must include the removal of toe hairs as a part of regular grooming. But I have seen feet on several women that are completely ungroomed (yes, nasty, even). And, no toe-hair.

It really makes no difference, but it is one of so many things that occupy the mind of a simple Kentucky boy still learning his way around the big city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home