Thursday, May 29, 2008

Handsome, Intelligent, Funny, Good-looking...and straight. Hmph.


Here is a picture of Dr. Howard. The last time I went frog-gigging with him, he was in grade school. Wouldn't you agree that he has grown up just delightfully?

I am "out" among my friends back home, even the country boys like Dr. Howard. His greeting to me on Saturday included this line:

"Hey, Vernon, I met someone in grad school that makes you look like John Wayne."

After some pondering, I figured out that he was complimenting me on my masculinity or commenting on the femininity of a gay, male classmate. I got a chuckle out of it. I have come to the conclusion that I enjoy some good-natured teasing from my friends. I know there is no malice with their comments on homosexuality that are designed for nothing more than to pick on me. In the country, people wouldn't pick on you if they didn't like you. It makes me proud as a peacock that these same fellas are now embracing of people, regardless of sexual orientation. Sexuality is not something that causes them great constertation--or any consternation for that matter. I hope I had something to do with that. I sure worked at it.

But even the straight boys can't help it if they are gorgeous. So, I eagerly share this photo of Dr. Howard. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home