Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 8 Now Complete

I have now finished over 1.5 weeks with my new employer. The Good Nurse did not believe that my office is bigger than the bedroom in East Harlem. It's not because I'm anything special. I suspect it's because the price of real estate in suburban PA is such that extra space is not anything special. As well, I found a neat book cover I thought that The Good Nurse would find especially funny, which is below. Here are some pics because I am too pooped to type much more.

The world as I see it from the desk where I sit.

The world as people see it who enter the office.

Among book publishers, it is common to sell licenses (call "rights") to publish books to publishers in other countries. I found this one on display in the office. Honest to goodness, I still have no earthly idea what appeal a book about the Amish in a town in Pennsylvania has to people in any Asian-language-speaking country. Yet, a publisher in Asia bought the rights and published the book! I don't know what language it is, but I thought The Good Nurse would find it entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home