Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Vonage=Vodka, Part Deux

When it works, it works great. When it doesn't, it will drive a man to drinking.

The damn Vonage phone went from not receiving calls yesterday, to neither receiving nor making calls today.

Another call to tech support, another help ticket, another lost cause. We know we have only one month left until the Vonage contract expires, but damn, we have already paid for THIS month. I called to cancel Vonage and Ms. Rivera, the lady who answered, went through all the bullcrap only to tell me that there is a cancelation fee of $39.95 if we cancel before July 7 or July 8. Hell, I don't remember.

So after consulting with the Good Nurse, we decided to leave Vonage connected (even though it won't be used) until July 7 or July 8.

Having said all of that, I say this: unless you are some sort of computer engineer, I would encourage you to AVOID VONAGE. And, avoid their stock. With bullshit like this, I see a ship about to sink. DEEP.

If my phone were working, I would call "Help Me Howard." But I'm sure he is buried with other Vonage customers who can't get results or EVEN A CALLBACK from tech support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home