Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Little Pitchy, Dawg

It. Has. Returned.

The excitement known as "American Idol" is once again invading our homes through the magic of television. Like the rubberneckers passing the scene of a car crash, I can't seem to keep my eyes from watching this madness. Sure, it's entertainment, but it's no "Nashville Star."

After getting home last night following marathon meetings, I fired up the ole DVR and let the good times start rolling! Just like last year, this week's shows featured the first auditions from US cities. This year, it was in Minneapolis the first night and then Seattle the second night. Also as last year, most of the program focused on those contestants whose abilities to sing rival my ability to quit smoking.

Nonetheless, I identified a couple of early favorites, but I must see all of the auditions to narrow my list of potential winners. Just as I did for "Nashville Star," I will make my prediction for the winner of "American Idol" once the "judges" have narrowed the field to the final dozen.

And just to add perspective, here are some observations:
-last year's winner of AI, Taylor Hicks, has disappeared faster than Ruben Stoddard.
-last year's winner of NS, Chris Young, continues to rise in sales and popularity.
-a losing AI contestant from last year, Kelly Pickler, is now becoming a country star.
-a winner from a few years past, Carrie Underwood, is a country superstar.

The conclusion? Country Music rules, dude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home