Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Answered Prayers

Way back in May, 1989, I had a gorgeous date to my high school's senior prom. Not only was Holly my date, she was also a bestest friend. Even though there was no blood relation, I considered her family my own.

Today, June 10, 2008, Holly emerged from what has to be the scariest, most intimidating and daunting experience I could possibly imagine. She survived brain surgery.

She and her family can better tell the fears, the hopes, the dreams, the excitement and the elation that has accompanied the entire process.

I would not impose on my own behalf, but for Holly's encouragement, I humbly ask that you visit her blog site and leave a comment. I know that she, and her family, will be comforted by positive words that you can share. Even though you don't know Holly personally, I can tell you that the influence she has had on many lives, mine included, is one that makes this world a better place.

I love you, Holly. And I am happy that your recovery is coming along so well!

ps: one of the questions the neuro-staff regularly asks is "who is the President?" Poor Holly...being forced to remember *that* every hour!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Maybe asking that and getting the right answer shows fully functional memory, because it's unbelievable otherwise, so she never could guess it if she didn't remember! ;)

I hope she has a speedy and full recovery!

6/10/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home